Dr. Amrish Kumar Jha, is an MBBS and MS in Orthopaedics. He completed his MBBS and MS from R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal with a number of gold medals in different subjects. He is also an MCH from Seychelles University.
Dr.Amrish Kumar Jha, born in a small town in Bihar completed his early school years from a local school. In order to complete his higher education and get prepared for competitive examinations, he moved to Patna. He completed his intermediate education from Patna. As he was a bright and meticulous student, he performed well in all his examinations. Thereafter, he went to study in the famous Benaras Hindu University for one year. From his very childhood, Dr. Amrish Kumar Jha nurtured his dream of becoming a doctor and his passion along with his hard work led him to the place where he had always wanted to be. He got selected in the All India Medical Entrance Examination with an excellent rank. After that, he joined R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital to complete his MBBS.
Studying Orthopaedics had been his passion always; so he likes to keep himself updated on new developments across the world. His achievements are many- he was posted as an Asst. Professor of Orthopaedics in the Calcutta Medical College; he worked with Sancheti Hospital, Pune as a fellow for joint replacement surgeries. Nevertheless, he worked with Dr. Leo Pinzwaski, one of the most reputed knee arthroscopic surgeons across the world in North Sydney Sports Surgery Centre, Australia.
Now associated with many reputed orthopaedic organisations in India, he work as orthopaedics surgeon and pediatric orthopedics known bone specialist also as we said that now his dream is come true providing orthopaedic services and he working as on by keeps on attending a number of conference across the country. It is really noteworthy that Dr. Amrish Kumar Jha, only by virtue of his hard work and dedication, has achieved so much at such a young age. He really stands way ahead of others in the field of Orthopaedics.
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND DISTINCTION
- Medal in E.N.T Held by Calcutta University in R.G. Kar in 2003
- Honours in pharmacology Calcutta University Final Exit Exams M.B.B.S part II
- Amrish Kumar Jha : Evaluation of results of minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis (MIPO) of distal tibial fractures in adults, Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 110, number 11, (823,824) November 2012.
- Amrish Kumar Jha : Outcome of different modalities of surgical management of chronic osteomyelitis of calcaneum, Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 110, number 11, (825,826) November 2012.
- Amrish kumar Jha et al : Operative management of closed intra-articular fractures of distal end of humerus in adults, journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 109, number 6 ( 418,423) June 2011.
- Amrish kumar Jha et al : An evaluation of flexible intramedullary nail fixation in femoral shaft fractures in paediatric age group, Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 109, number 6 (416-417) June 2011.
- Amrish Kumar Jha et al: A short term experience of management of open and osteoporotic intercondylar fractures of the distal humerus using a mini-external fixator, Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 109, number 6 (404,06,08) June 2011.
- West Bengal Medical Council: 60919 dated 21.07.2005
PREVIOUS POSITIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Calcutta Medical College and Hospital , Kolkata, (WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES) Assistant Professor(Orthopaedics) 19/01/2012-31/10/2014
- Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata, (WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES) Lecturer (RMO-CT) 21/01/2011-18/01/2012
- R.G.Kar M.C.H, Kolkata , India Senior Resident (registrar) 21/06/2010 -21/01/2011
- R.G.K.M.C.H, Kolkata, under HEALTH UNIVERSITY, KOLKATA, India Master of Surgery (ortho) Resident 1/6/2007 -31/05/2010
- IPGMER.Kolkata , India Junior resident-non academic) Dept of Emergency Medicine 16/05/2005 â€“30/06/2006
- Eve s Clinic: Polyclinic & Nursing Home, Kolkata, West Bengal Clinical practioner 1/07/2005-15/10/2006
- R.G.K.M.C, Kolkata, India Intern 1/5/2004 – 30/4/2005
- Pre basic course ,AO Foundation at Kolkata Dec 2007
- Basic course, AO FOUNDATION at Kolkata in May 2012
- Advance Course, AO FOUNDATION at Kolkata in May 2014
- Conferences held by different orthopaedic associations regarding trauma, arthroscopy and arthroplasty.
- Faculty in KASS conference in 2014 in Kolkata
- Presented paper on midfoot arthritis & bossing Scientific secretary in KASSCON 2014, held in Kolkata
Faculty in WBAS 2014.
- Faculty in KASSCON 2015 Tendinopathy & Rupture
COMMITTIEES AND PUBLIC SERVICE
- Life member West Bengal Orthopaedic Association
- Life member Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Life member of Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Life member of West Bengal Arthroplasty Society
- Life member of Calcutta Arthroscopy & Sports Suurgery Club
- Life Member of Shoulder & Elbow Society of India.
- life member of Sancheti institute alumni association